1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning my Xbox360 connection to my Panny6 - Help!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by snakeeater, Jun 5, 2005.

1. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the Xbox360 is getting a worldwide launch around October/November this year Im already beginning to plan where to put it and how to hook it up to the plasma.

Any Xbox fans here will know that Microsoft have been harping on about how it can output high resolution as standard etc so obviously I want to get the best quality that the Panny6 can dish out.

Anyway Ive narrowed it down to 2 connection types:

1) Component

2) VGA

I already have my JS Tech hooked up to my built in VGA port and I dont have a component board so either way Id have to invest in whatever board would be prefferable for the job.

Would both deliver the same quality? Is one better than the other? Should I be considering a different connection type altogether?

Id rather get this planned in advance so that the TV is ready the day I bring the Xbox360 home :)

One last thing: What is the max resolution my Panasonic TH-42PW6 can display?

2. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    VGA would deliver better quality.

Max proper resolution it can display will be 480p, however it will do 720p scaled down to the screens resolution, and will still look lovely!

3. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you say 720p scaled down, Im presuming I need a scaler right or can I set it to 720p and the TV scales the image? LOL sorry Im a bit of a muppet when it comes to all of this :confused:

4. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    The TV will do the down-scaling. Just plug in the 360 and leave the TV to get on with it.

As unlight says, the picture would be better if you had a HD screen, but with still look very good when fed with a good quality 720p signal.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Unless MS offer an RGBHV output option stick to component