1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planner rebuild?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by scitech, Apr 11, 2005.

1. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Had a couple of glitches on the old Sky+ the last couple of days - Doctor Who was all set to record half an hour before it started (I definitely saw it in the planner), but about half way through the programme I noticed that the record light wasn't on and there was no sign of it in the planner. I then had another incident - on the same night I think - where something was definitely recording (it said so in the planner) but the record light was off. Very bizarre methinks. I've also had a couple of series links disappear.

Anyway, I've only had it a couple of months but it does get well used so I was thinking maybe it's time to do a planner rebuild but all I can find out about it is that it won't delete the content. So what is it? Is it like defragging a PC hard drive?

Thanks.

[Edit] Just been over to DS Forums and there are about a million people who had Dr Who fail so don't worry. Would still like to know about the planner rebuild though.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    A planner rebuild is only needed if the software loses track of some deleted or failed recordings and starts to report inaccurate useage levels of the hard drive.
    The rebuild re-sorts the data and recoups any "missing" capacity.

3. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. Thanks again.