1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planetside?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Synchronicity, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Is anyone here still playing Planetside?Im tempted to go back for another look to check things out.I havent played it since just before the battle islands thing kicked off so hopefully there will be loads of new content.

If anyone does still play it,would you reccomend having another look? :confused:

2. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Aint played in ages but yer I was thinking the same - I still pay the monthly fee so I guess I should go in a teke a look - tell you what ill take a gander this weekend and let know - will try and get some screens ..

3. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Nice 1 mate :smashin: ,lol,why do you still pay the fee if you arent playing it?

I played it from beta and loved it for months until various games drew me away,but...

BFV became very annoying very,very quickly,
    CS:S I now find incredibly repetitive and just a headshot frenzy(although puzzlingly still highly addictive :confused: )
    HL2 was great for a week but now done and dusted,
    Joint Ops has been ruined by the smoothness and high quality graphics of the whole HL2/CS:S package,

.......so,I need a new game to fill the void until the HL2 mods are unleashed upon us :lease:

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,728
    I used to play it when it first came out - great game but became a bit samey after a while - mind you I played it pretty constatly for around 3-4 months. Have read up on it recently but most people say that it has been spoiled with the multiple worlds thing.

5. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    So logged into the euro (Werner) server this morning - bit of an update and then away we go - 5 minute intro was nice as things have changed since I last logged in ... considering it was 9am on the euro server i was still able to get into a platoon with about 20 people .. have a few reasonable battles with about 2000 Battle Points being added so not bad .. going to give it another blast 2nite when things will be much more active .. Here are some movies and some screenshots

6. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Nice 1 mate,wether I reactivate my account or not may depend solry on your reccomendation so let me know if you think its worth it.

1 thing that does concern me is I think I remember that to gain access to a lot of the new content you had to purchase CC.I think thats a bit of a rip off really seeing as most people didnt want to buy CC because it was crap :nono: so they are more or less forcing people to get it now :thumbsdow

7. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Yer so I have CC - got it at the time I was playing non-stop PSide - so went on again last nite - lots more battles etc ... its a hard one to call as of course its the same old same old - but then again name me one MMO game that isnt same old same old .. I guess if you can pick up a 1 month sub for say £8 or so then i reckon its worth it ... still lots of people playing it .. still as fun with some massive battles .. so its just a case of wether or not you want to spend a months sub to check it out ! I'll probably give it another blast 2nite ... another thing that might make me keep my sub is sonys offer - I think its £11 for all their games which would mean PSide and EQ2 - which Im thinking of getting into ! We will see !

8. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Well,resubscribed and Im loving it again ATM,its obviously still a little monotonous but name me an online game that isnt :confused:

Its nice to be able to play a game with a few mates that lasts longer than 30 seconds before you get shot in the head then have to wait for the next round :rolleyes: (obviously I usually lasted the whole round but you know what I mean ;) )

Ive literally been laughing out loud when Ive managed to sneak through a whole base of enemies and hacked a base right under their noses :rotfl: or when Ive been standing on top of a tower lobbing jammer and plasma nades onto enemy troops below,watching them run round like headless chickens :clap:

Its quite a sight ,when your out in the hills and you stumble accross a herd of those BFR's marching towards their next hapless victims;Im gonna wait till Ive reformatted my HD before I download CC,at £4 it cant do any harm.

I think this might see me through to BF2 ;)