Planet Of The Apes

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ADEOWEN, Nov 12, 2001.

1. ADEOWEN

ADEOWEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a pretty impressiv package,watched most of the extras and they are very interesting,shows what aload of work goes into making movies like this,just a shame that the ending of the film is such a let down,theres even a card in the box explaning the timeline events to try and help us viewers out!Fox has another top dvd in its collection..:p

2. DaveG

DaveG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Your right about that ending (I must dig that card out when I get home). But one thing I did notice, was the apes mouth's, especially Thades right hand ape, they seem to have been added onto the film digitally. There's one scene at night, with smoke from camp fires creating a slightly muted colour wash, when he starts talking, it almost looks like a cartoon mouth, completely ruined any credibilty the film had :)

3. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I haven't watched the DVD yet but it has been reviewed on my site HERE

I didn't like the film especially considering the quality of the original, but I have to admit the DVD looks impresive....

4. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,574
    Just finished watching this for the first time and have to say that I loved every minute of it.

Heards loads of people complain about the ending but I thought it was great, and kinda obvious how it was supposed to happen ( even without the card ) The layer you leave the earlier you go back/forward type thing. Just questioning how they managed to get the damaged second ship out of the pool of water :)

I agree about the mouths looking a little too false but on the whole the monkey effects were very good

5. ADEOWEN

ADEOWEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please e mail or post here if you dont mind the spoiler youre explanation for the ending...cheers