1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet of the apes - Boxset

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by 11aa11aa, Jul 30, 2001.

1. 11aa11aa

11aa11aa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being a huge fan of the original I'm trying to get hold of The Evolution box set that's coming out in the states. I've checked the usual suspects (Play, Movietyme) but none seem to be stocking it.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy?

:confused:

2. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although I be completely wrong, my understanding of the situation is that now that the bonus documentary disc is distributed by another company in the States, the R1 Evolution box set is no longer being produced, so you might just have to shop around to find an e-retailer who has one in stock. However, according the the PR agency for Fox, the situation doesn't seem to apply for the UK as over here the company is soliciting the box set (which they claim to be a 6 disc release, albeit in a fold-out X-Files type box as opposed to the American slip-case design) for release on 8/10/2001. The retail price is currently floating around the £40 region. I pass on more confirmed details as soon as I get them, however good luck with your hunt for the R1 box if that's what you are looking for.

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The original R1 set is now oop as pointed out above, but i beleive there is an R1 rerelease coming out in august. Ringos had it listed.

Mike

4. 11aa11aa

11aa11aa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks to you both for a quick reply.

I really want to see the doco - where there's footage of people dresses as monkeys smoking a crafty fag.

The region 2 re-release sounds promising. Any more info on this would be much appreciated.