Planet Earth Special Features

Tonks01

hey guys,

sorry im more than likely being simple, but i cant for the life of me find any special features across the 5 discs?

im sure there there....so....a lil help?

thanks in advance guys

p.s loving planet earth!

D

Deleted member 244378

I think thats becasuse there are no special features looking at the back of the box the discs come in. Only that its in 5.1 dolby d. No other specials!

Tonks01

in the words of the man himself 'i dont believe it!'

5 years in production and i cant get a little making of? im sure when i watched this on DVD, after EACH episode there was a making of (i clearly remember watching how they went about recording the great white sharks jumping out of the water, and filming wolves from a helibopper over a mile away)

kinda thinking i would of been better off with upscaled DVD's....

RvanR

Standard Member
in the words of the man himself 'i dont believe it!'

5 years in production and i cant get a little making of? im sure when i watched this on DVD, after EACH episode there was a making of (i clearly remember watching how they went about recording the great white sharks jumping out of the water, and filming wolves from a helibopper over a mile away)

kinda thinking i would of been better off with upscaled DVD's....

Can anyone who owns this set tell us whether these 'diary' bits, that were added at the end of each episode when it was broadcast, are included in the blu-ray set?

It would be bad if they are not! Some of those bits were very interesting, especially the one where a friend of mine is seen changing a wheel of a Landrover in the middle of the night, with some lions just yards away!

Tonks01

yeh i must admit i was expecting confirmation on this one quite quick, im a nut when it comes to making ofs and audio commentaries, and for such a praised series i would be suprised.

the back of my set clearly has a box indicating special features, quality etc. although it doesnt list exacly what they are, would of preferred a disc of special features than the two (in my opinion) poor natural world doc's..

bluraymond

There are no extra features, despite what the pre-release told us:thumbsdow
The uk version does have any extra disc entitled desert lions and snow leopards but no making of/diaries which are included on the dvd release.

Tonks01

that's rubbish...

those two other doc's were poor next to planet earth, should just made it 4 disk set and knocked a fiver off

bluraymond

If you've got a hdtv then definitely go for the blu ray version. You can pick it up for £33.95 from www.zavvi.co.uk (formerly virgin megastores) though for some reason they sent it in a massive package that wouldn't fit through my letterbox:eek:. Apart from the disappointing omission of the making of features which are available on the DVD version, it real is an amazing piece of film making especially in hd.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom