• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Planet Earth - Special Edition £14 in Fopp

toodeep

Prominent Member
Just bought the set in store on Byres Road. This is the BD version with the correct video, etc., I recently learned.

Daytrader

Prominent Member
Ah just read they did in fact sort out the film slowdown that was on the previous version i have, still looks great thou.

Last edited:

toodeep

Prominent Member
In the Special Edition the 25 fps video plays back at this rate, i.e. is 1080i50, rather than being rendered at 24 fps as in the previous release, I understand.

toodeep

Prominent Member
It was sold as new and was sealed but with the crinkly looser plastic rather than with the very close fitting wrap. FWIW there were many sets all similarly presented and with the Special Edition marketing stickers on the plastic wrap. Maybe Fopp (HMV) got lucky in the Amazon Black Friday sales and is selling these on.

sea surfer

Distinguished Member
Picked up a copy a brand new sealed Special Edition this morning, in Glasgow union street branch, it was marked @ £30! scanned at £14 :D many thanks op :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom