Planet Earth - HD DVD / BluRay

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
This will be a must have for me, although it is a big shame that both the HD DVD and BD releases will not have the same bonus material that the SD version has.

Kilian

This will be a must have for me, although it is a big shame that both the HD DVD and BD releases will not have the same bonus material that the SD version has.

Is this what is left out?

110 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage (included on standard-definition DVD release only)

cicada78

I really want this and I love Sigourney Weaver but I soooo want to hear David Atteborough over my high def gorgeousness!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I really want this and I love Sigourney Weaver but I soooo want to hear David Atteborough over my high def gorgeousness!

It appears the version to be released will be the complete UK version and will be narrated by David Attenborough (as opposed to Sigourney Weaver)

Miss something did we ??? :oops:

7hil

So where's gonna be the best and cheapest place to buy this without getting stung by customs?

7hil

So where's gonna be the best and cheapest place to buy this without getting stung by customs?

No replies? Is no one ordering this thing? :confused:

featherhall

Distinguished Member
got my order in at movietyme for the HDDVD. This will be awesome
£41.99 seems to be the best price I could find, and movietyme are pretty good at getting the discs out early

paulst10

Distinguished Member

zombie_donkey

I posted about this somewhere else after I had a look for a thread about it.

Maybe a separate forum area called DVD/ HD software or something similar would be usefull.

This post will probably get deleted because it should be somewhere else :oops:

Anyway, this should be a reference quality title. I Emailed the BBC in January asking if they had plans to release in HD DVD and they replied telling me there were no such plans. Flippin customer service departments.

AES256

With the celebration of HD DVD's 1st birthday over on AVS yesterday, Planet Earth HD DVD is now #4 on the Amazon US DVD rankings, BD release is #16, and the SD DVD box set is at the #1 spot.

Not bad for a nature documentary :)

Looks like Movietyme is the best (read cheapest and customs friendly) place to import into the UK at £42 (which isn't far off e.g. Amazon US @ $70 + $7 P&P)
Loaded247, Axelmusic and DVD World USA are all more expensive.

EDIT add link Planet Earth #1, #4 and #16 on Amazon US

7hil

With the celebration of HD DVD's 1st birthday over on AVS yesterday, Planet Earth HD DVD is now #4 on the Amazon US DVD rankings, BD release is #16, and the SD DVD box set is at the #1 spot.

Looks like Movietyme is the best (read cheapest and customs friendly) place to import into the UK at £42 (which isn't far off e.g. Amazon US @ $70 + $7 P&P)
Loaded247, Axelmusic and DVD World USA are all more expensive.

EDIT add link Planet Earth #1, #4 and #16 on Amazon US

I ordered my HD-DVD from Movietyme today! :thumbsup:

domtheone

Distinguished Member

Indeed. Just seen them all discussing this over on AVS Forums.

Number 4 is amazing :clap: :clap: for a Documentary (allbeit a Superlative one) and a $70 purchase!

P

Peter Galbavy

Yeah, but the real scary thing is that the title itself is #1 (SD), #5 (HD) and #16 (BR). This makes it a very good seller in anyone's mind. And well worth it.

AgentCool

I think this is going to be a title that virtually everyone who owns a HD DVD/Blu-Ray player will buy. Not only is it one of the best nature series ever made but it's visually stunning from start to finish which will almost certainly make it an excellent system demo.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Movies Podcast: 20th October 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
PSB announces M4U 8 MKII wireless headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco introduces N50-S38 music library
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony expands 360 Reality Audio to Amazon Music Unlimited