• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

"Planely" Out of Place

fastshow

This is a Sea Harrier called "Emanuelle" & saw active service during the Falklands Conflict. It is being restored on a farm next to a main road in the middle of Yorkshire.
P1040565-2.jpg

It has featured on the regional news programme Look North & also appeared in the local newspaper. There is a small article on it here http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?SectionID=700&articleid=2918302 and also a video from Look North here http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/ne...?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&nol_storyid=6941254

Pic has been lightened slightly & also USM applied. Pic has also suffered from reduction in size from a 5mp image down to an 800x600, 102kb image. Taken with a Panasonic FZ20. Exif info should be intact.

Tobers

Nicely done, good placement to show the "out of place" situation. The field & building in the background reinforce the message. I'd normally have said "too much bland foreground" but I think that it helps the composition in this case.

I'd still be interested in some other angles as well though - possibly put some in the "not valid" thread.

Tobers

fastshow

Hi Tobers. Its difficult to get many other angles as photos can only be taken from the side of the road (no footpath). I know what you're saying about the foreground but it was the only way I could frame the farm & plane without cropping pic to look like a panorama. He also has a car for sale in the same field so this was really the only viable position to take a pic and not include the car. He also has no trespassing signs up so I can't get up close & personal. Access to the farm is from the left of the pic (out of shot). This is screened by a big hedge so I had no luck their either. I just added a video to original post which gives a better view of how out of place it is & also a bit more info on the jet. I'll see if I can get back & put a couple in the not valid section. Maybe weather will be better too. Thanks for your comments.

fastshow

Really nice photo this... what a pity the sun won't ever shine, as I think this photo would be exceptional with better light.

Hi Chrisw. I know what you are saying about the light but as the month is drawing to a close I thought I'd better make the best of a bad situation. Queensbury is high up so its fog, low cloud & snow for most of the year :( If I get the time & a nice day this week I'll go back & post some in the not valid section. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom