Plan going all wrong ideas needed!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bren, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Bren

Bren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I will keep this brief as possible. My other half is going away for the weekend on Friday until Monday. As she hates the bedroom in our house we moved into 18 months ago i decided to do the whole thing while she is gone. Currently the room is all ready for papering & i have ordered new carpet,wardrobes & tv. Now this is where the problem lies. She is leaving at 1pm & as she is the driver this cannot be changed. The carpet is being put in 'after 1' so i see no problem there. However the bedroom furniture is coming between 8 & 1 with us stated as the first delivery. So i have spent the last few days racking my brain as to how to get her out of the house early in the morning for a bit. My kind neighbour has offered to take delivery at her house but when my other half sees the delivery van i think she will cotton on. So any sensible ideas would be greatly appreciated as i am at my wits end!

2. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Give her a goodbye snuggle;) when you see the van coming, should give them enough time to unload to your neihbours house!! Otherwise send to a shop to get you some readymeals so you won't starve to death whilst she's away.

3. Bren

Bren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Nice idea but i think it will take them a good couple of minutes to unload the van so thats out of the question:D

4. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,161
    Have an argument with her to the point where she leaves early, explain when she gets back. All our collective brains and this is what it comes to :D . Unless you can hire or obtain a van for the day and have the stuff delivered to a storage garage near you or something, suppose it depends if you wanna spend that excess, neighbour seemed like the best idea, is there not a neighbour round the corner or something.

5. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    why don't you just explain the issue with the delivery company/supplier and ask them what they can do to help?

i'm not sure why your wife needs to leave at 1pm and not any sooner. why don't you suggest she leaves earlier to avoid the traffic? tell her there's a protest march on or something at 1pm

6. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,805
    If your neighbour is willing to take delivery, take her out for the morning?

Say you are going to miss her, and take her for a Starbucks or whatever you have round your way.