Places to go in London

HouseTonyStark

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Morning boys and girls! I'm heading into london with a friend of mine from americaland on sunday morning for a couple of days, looking for ideas on what to do! looking at doing the following:

The Eye - day/night runs
buckingham palace/nelsons column/big ben photos
maybe go to the barbican.
museum of natural history?
cutty sark.
BORIS BIKES!!!!!

Just struggling for cool things to do that maybe you wouldn't get to do being a normal tourist as well as touristy stuff?

Science Museum
V&A Museum
British Museum
Kew Gardens
War Museum
London Dungeon
Tower of London
Harrods
Libertys
Oxford Street
London Aqarium

Sit in the coffee bar opposite Harrods and watch the world go by......

Visit the 0° longitude @ Greenwich

It's £10 each now to go to the courtyard with the prime meridian line but it's free to stand outside and line up with it.

Museum of London is pretty good to get a timeline of the development of London but there is a lot to see.

A lot of the museums are free in London. I think this is great (but possibly too generous) because you can dip in and out to just see the bits you want.

For example a key draw for the Natural History Museum are the dinosaurs but you may not want to see the rest. But with free entry it's no problem to pop in spend and hour looking at the dinosaurs and then moving onto the next place.

Imperial War Museum is good and I suspect they are doing a lot for WWI this year - only problem is that it is not so easy to get too as other attractions.

British Museum have a special Viking exhibition on at the moment that looks interesting (if you are in to that sort of thing).

Cheers,

Nigel

I was going to suggest the shard but it's £30 a ticket.
I've done this and well worth the £30 if you ask me. You will get to see London like never before.

Go to Borough Market on Saturday morning and stuff your faces.
Go have a pint in The George on Borough High Street.
Take a Jack The Ripper walking tour.
Take a train to Southall and get some proper Indian food :)
Take a tour of Fullers Brewery.
Go to Primrose Hill with a picnic and take in the London skyline.
Play "spot the famous grave/memorial" in Westminster Abbey and remind your friend from Americaland that it's been there for centuries.
Grab some Lebanese food on Edgware Road.
Go to Selfridges and ask them if they sell fridges (just kidding)
Ask your american friend to ask for directions to Gloucester Place and Leicester Square ;)

I've done this and well worth the £30 if you ask me. You will get to see London like never before.

I would agree with this unless you want to take photos, which you always have to take through dirty glass. I was warned about this and took some glass cleaner and a cloth! (Yes i did get some funny looks) Obviously the outside was still a problem.

For things to do in London, I would suggest taking the Thames clippers to Greenwich, which gives you another unique view of the city.

And if you are weird and slightly disturbed like me then Highgate Cemetery is worth a visit.

For things to do in London, I would suggest taking the Thames clippers to Greenwich, which gives you another unique view of the city.

This is also a really good thing to do. We do this in the summer (one of my favourite things to do in London). you can also have something to eat there. fish 'n' chips is always a favourite. you could then continue down to the O2 and get the emirates cable car across the river and then get the DLR (another great way to see London). You can also pretend to drive the train :)

Of course it depends what you like. I always visit the V&A and maybe the National Gallery. There is a Beatles shop, and i like a stroll around Hyde Park. Finally the newly revamped Kings Cross and Paddington.

I'd also day it is worth it but although I've not been myself only a few floors lower is the Aqua bar which has stunning views and is free, drinks are a ripoff but just have one, take your time and enjoy the views.

Try the markets, borough for food, Spitafields or Portobello.

Barnes wetland centre.

Look on toptable for some great lunch deals in top resume ants, Galvin @ Windows is a favourite of mine and has great views, you can see her majesty's tennis court!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom