1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places To Demo

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by slim UK, Jun 18, 2005.

1. slim UK

slim UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi......

After looking at these forums for months I really need to buy a projector and a screen...so far I've seen a Screenplay 5700 but suffered the rainbow effect quite badly...so LCD is the way.....Viewed a Sony HS50 which was brilliant totally gob smacked by it, but looking at other peoples reviews I want to see a panny 700 and a sanyo z3 up and running....anyone know where I could view these in the North West area.....

2. Matt Rage

Matt Rage
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I also would like to check out some projectors - for me the Benq 5120 cos I'm worried about the rainbow effect.

I'm also in the North West area - but willing to travel. Surely there is somewhere to go and demo them?

3. adeski

adeski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - first post in here!

I had a demo at the weekend in Colne, Lancashire at
    www.discounttv.co.uk

The guy in there was very helpful and i was comparing LCD and DLP, the Panasonic AE 700 to a Themescene at about £1,000.00 each.

Watching Gladiator the rainbow effect on the DLP was obvious - and irritating - and this was my first ever projector viewing so beforehand i didn't know what i was supposed to be looking for. But believe me you couldn't miss it.

However, i preferred the tone and colouring of the DLP to the LCD - it was more "cinematic". But when i watched Lord of the Rings i preferred the LCD ! So you pays your money you takes your choice