1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to demo XXWH36

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bond007, Oct 12, 2003.

1. bond007

bond007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

I was just wondering, does anybody know where I could demo one of these. As I had a plasma, a panny pw6, and ended up returning it, as i didnt like the quality, the banding got on my nerves too much. so have been stuck with a 14" bubble for the last month while ive been looking for a new TV.
    I was looking for a rear proj specifically, based on what people have been saying the WH36. I did have looka nd saw one of toshibas 36" CRTs and that looked nice, nicer than the RP they had there. but i wanted to test the RP in an environment that is more to what it will be in.

So, does anybody know somewhere in the south east (im in brighton) that has one of these in stock that would allow me to test it with a good source and be set up well, to show what it can actually do. As i would like a large screen but also a good picture.

Thanks

2. bond007

bond007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    So, nobody knows anywhere then.

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The local retail parks are rubbish, always too bright, badly setup (100% contrast, high colour, high sharpness etc), not converged, too high ambiant light & light hitting the screen. Also with distrubuted RF, and the RP sets are usually on the top shelf- so it'll just look terrible.

I would look around the smaller TV shops, hopefully at least one RP will be setup- ask them to do a service level convergence, and proper adjustment with contrast/colour etc, and feeding it Component from a DVD player.

Don't bugger off after demoing and buy it from the net, that's not fair.

I bought my RP unseen- a bit risky, but I've seen CRT RP's in the past anyway (about 5 years ago) they looked great- and the newer models are even better.

4. bond007

bond007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks, been trying to, but that the problem, I dont know anywhere that has the wh36 in, been to comet and currys to just see if they did, and they didnt. Went to sunderland electronics, all the tvs there had good sources, saw the tosh pf2 i think it was looked verey nice, but only 36" :( and saw the 29 range of tosh rp's the rp didnt look that great, washed out, the colours didnt seam that vibrant, and based upon what everyone here has been saying, they can look better than this. Could ask them to set it up better i suppose :)