1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to buy?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gadjet, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a region free dvd drive, and what sound card shall I buy and where to listen to films in DTS as well as DD. And finally where can I purchase the lead that goes from my PC to my amplifier (PioneerAX10)?

My problem after all this is to set up my bios to pass spdif out. I
    gratefull for your help,

Phill
    PC at the moment
    AMD 240
    ge force 4 64mg
    soundblaster surround- not DD
    LG dvd rom drive
    and I use PowerDVD

2. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi everybody whom is reading this ,

I am asking for help to get my system working with my PC. Yes I have read back on threads but it still does,nt answer on what sound card I should buy and where I can get a multi region dvd rom player from to replace the one that I have got.
    Sorry to sound impatient but I am and want to get it started it as soon as possible.

Please help me guys I have sent a previous message with no response, if you dont know tell me where I can go to find out more. From reading previous threads it sounds like another language to me. If I go to a normal PC shop they probably wont have a clue.

Well here,s hoping for more response ,

Yours hopefully,
    Phill:confused:

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    www.ebuyer.com will be able to sell you a Liteon 165H for around £25. You will have to upgrade the firmware yourself to make it region free. go here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=98

DVDGenie is a good utility to do the region switching of Windows and the software DVD player (PowerDVD, WinDVD etc).

For a sound card, you can use the Soundblaster 4.1 or 5.1 crads. You will need a 3.5mm mono jack to phono adapter from Maplins @ £1.50. To switch the spdiff on, you'll have to go into device manager, and look in the properties of the SB card to find and enable digital output.

Any 75ohm digital cable wil do to connect from the SB 4.1 spdif to your amp. I assume it has phono digital as well as optical.

HTH

Gary.