1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placement of Surround speakers in 6.1 setting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pavlos, Jun 7, 2001.

1. pavlos

pavlos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A couple of questions for you guys :)

1. Is it ok if my surrounds speakers are about 4.5 feet above the listener's ears, I have been told that is best to put them 2-3 feet above the listeners ears, why 2-3 is best? I mean what will be a problem if they are put higher?I am refering at bi-polar surrounds speakers which will be placed on the side walls.

2. I was told that the surround speakers should be also be 2 feet from the back walls, well due the usual sofa problem , the distnace can only be 1 feet from the back wall, again what will be that be a problem if is only 1 feet from the back wall rather than 2 feet.

3. The surround pack will it be ok if is on the same height with the surrounds? I was told that that it should be on the same height with the center.

Thanks in advance

Pavlos

Ps

I know that the above questions were discussed before but I failed to find explanations of the reasoning , ie why for example,it should be 2-3 feet rather than 5 feet above the listeners ears

2. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: