• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Placement Of Electrical Sockets When Wall Mounting An Lcd

L

LUCE1976

Hi guys,
I have recently purchased a 23" LCD for my bedroom (plasterboard wall).
I have purchased a Powertec LCD TV VESA Flat wall mount but am now confused as to where I should place the new electrical socket and aerial socket?!

The flat wall mount gives the TV minimal clearance from the wall so I do not know how I can place the sockets neatly behind the TV.

Any suggestions are extremely welcome - I guess I may have to order a different wall mount?

I would really appreciate any help as to the best way to hang the TV without wires showing (there is no cupboard behind the wall).

Thanks ever so much
Lu

dub007

Hi guys,
I have recently purchased a 23" LCD for my bedroom (plasterboard wall).
I have purchased a Powertec LCD TV VESA Flat wall mount but am now confused as to where I should place the new electrical socket and aerial socket?!

The flat wall mount gives the TV minimal clearance from the wall so I do not know how I can place the sockets neatly behind the TV.

Any suggestions are extremely welcome - I guess I may have to order a different wall mount?

I would really appreciate any help as to the best way to hang the TV without wires showing (there is no cupboard behind the wall).

Thanks ever so much
Lu

Can you feed the cables behind the wall up to a loft? if so then the sockets could go in there!!!

Steve1951

Hi
What Dub said is entirely possible and I could tell you how to do it within the cavity without damaging the decorations..............if you are careful and a bit of luck helps too.

However there isnt usually a ring main in the loft for one thing.

Please dont take it off the lighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However it would be better to cut in a dual accesssory box flush with a switched fused spur whch enables you to cut the plug off and feed the co ax out of the other side of the dual accessory straight into the tv.
You dont actuall need a socket for the aerial ....just a plug

You would need minimal clearance.
regards

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom