1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placed order @ last for Panny th42-pv500bcab

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by greyhorse, Jun 2, 2005.

1. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well after months of looking, moaning, groaning, i have placed my order for the new telly will be here for Saturday, got it from John Lewis with 5 year guarantee.

Will collect it on Saturday as i don't want to wait 6 more days for delivery as Im off work and want to play.

After viewing all the screens this panny suits my needs, has some future life in it I hope. I love the stand and think its neat and tidy, I know some of you plasma buffs love to wall mount but it doesn't suit the shape of my lounge.

Got a cracker of a price :)

Will pick up some new leads etc Saturday to set up all the kit. Just got figure a way of getting the freeview program planner to work with my panny e95 recorder.

After my last viewing today of the 42pv500 + Pe50 + latest pioneer all side by side it swung my decision. The panny is the best all rounder, for HD feed, freeview, sky, and dvd. Although the pioneer was very good for dvd playback and was a touch sharper but didnt have the depth of colour.

Return of the clones looked great and tested all the screens for dark, light, detail. and speed of moving images.

:D :D :D

If anyone lives near Peterborough I can put them in touch with AV dealer, where I viewed all the kit. Before anyone gets on about placing the order with John Lewis I have purchased several grands worth of kit from this retailer in the past.

Saturday night will be film night :)

2. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How much? I am about to purchase the 37 inch PV500. I got quoted £2300 from a retail store and i am not happy. Found it for as little as £1800 on the net. What do i do?

3. greyhorse

greyhorse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    price wise there is not a lot of change between the 37 and 42"

have a look at the thread started by mal i think for prices and retailers,
    hughesdirect offer some keen prices and will deliver to local branch.

Find a local retailer near to a J lewis store anywhere in the uk as you can arrange delivery and collection from local J lewis store. :D :D

4. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    lol, how much did you pay!!!!! I want to know as i feel i have been overcharged by a retailer and want to compare my price with the price you got it for. cheers ;)

5. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Flyingbig
    Private messaged you. :)

6. Carlos13

Carlos13
    Standard Member

Products Owned: