PL2 multichannel processor

If only i'd have known this 3 weeks ago , have sent off my sp.1 to bryston to be upgrade to sp1.7 :(

Yeah your probably right , would have been looking for around £1500 for it anyway

Originally posted by thxultra
If only i'd have known this 3 weeks ago , have sent off my sp.1 to bryston to be upgrade to sp1.7 :(

Don't worry. You're going to love the SP-1.7. There is a huge difference between it and the SP-1, sound-wise and feature-wise.

I know of one going for £1200. May be able to get it for less. Not 100% sure I don't want it yet, but since I'm not really ready yet, PM me if you're interested.

Trig,

I'll pass thanks.... as I say I have seen them on here under £1k and I actually believe one has gone below £900..... I would advise you hold out for a better price..... afterall it cant even do 7.1.

thanks

ad

Thanks

I did a search on the classifieds, and VirrusKiller sold his for £950 inc delivery, and another one was about to go for £950, but went for £1000. And I think there were a few offers lined up. Seem to be worth £1000 on the forum. If I was in a position to buy now, I'd probably offer that, but unfortunately I'm not.

oh yeah..... you are right. In any case, about £1k seems about right but anymore for me is a waste...... the 561 is sonically identical to my 565 and gains only PL2. On the reverse, it actually loses the ability to do 7.1 which my 565 can do..... so that is more money than I wish to spend just to gain PL2.....

ad

It loses the ability to do 7.1 - but you don't need 7.1. You want PL2, which it has. Can always offer £1K

Anyway, you're obviously a fan of the sound. How do you think the TAG AV32R with 192 DAC & PLII would compare to the 561?

The Lex MC1 seems to be going for a bit more, but these are the three I'm considering (like you, I only need 5.1, and PLII is useful for sky+).

If you are happy with the sound of your pro then i would suggest trying to borrow a pro/av amp with PL2 to see if it would make that much difference.
I have an AV32R with PL2 and never use it, prefering the wider sound of TMS5 which uses the front 3 much in the same way as Trifield.
I recently borrowed a 568 and thought that the TV mode was excellent, i don't know if you have this?
The majority of TV sound is just stereo so to put that through mostly the centre speaker makes everything sound squashed to me.

Doubt the seller is a forum member - they work at a dealers, but are selling privately.
There's a 192 PLII on the classifides for £1200 - imagine they'd take offers, but £1000 maybe too low. The fact that you'd stretch to snap one up at £1K, suggests to me they won't appear at that price.
Anyway, good luck. I'm off to another thread, to argue with you about the size of plasmas :)

Originally posted by Triggaaar
Doubt the seller is a forum member - they work at a dealers, but are selling privately.
There's a 192 PLII on the classifides for £1200 - imagine they'd take offers, but £1000 maybe too low. The fact that you'd stretch to snap one up at £1K, suggests to me they won't appear at that price.
Anyway, good luck. I'm off to another thread, to argue with you about the size of plasmas :)

Yup, £1k is probs low! Still would prefer the 561 for that money I guess!

Dont be expecting to win this plasma arguement! ;)

ad

Dug up the TAG for sale thread I see. You really ought to save those pennys, you clearly want a 50" plasma.

I've read through the details on the evolution of the TAG, and upgrades available, but I'm still not sure which one I'd want.

Yeah..... just wanted to see how thigs stand. For me the tag really isnt ideal, the sound isnt 100% me so the spec id need would be 192kHz dacs and PL2.... anything less is going to leave me disappointed and anything more is a waste of money bacause chances are it will be sold on in 6 months.

And yes i'd love a 50 inch plasma, but chances are in 6 months I will decide I want something else, so i much prefer the loss I will face on the 42 incher than that on the 50! :p :D

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom