PkgBackup problem

jerryjal

I am taking my phone to the Genius bar tomorrow for reasons previously discussed here http://www.avforums.com/forums/ipho...ation/1178813-iphone-replace-not-replace.html

I have restored my phone to get rid of the jailbreak and every trace has gone apart from one thing, when i go in to my contacts and press the 'group' button on the top left it shows two items.

The first one is 'All Contacts' which is fine but there is also one underneath called 'PkgBackup data', try as i might i can not see a way of removing it, i am worried that if they see it tomorrow they will tell me to do one!!

Any ideas?
:lease:

jerryjal

Just to add, when I did the restore I set it up as a new phone. I thought that would mean a clean, new, never touched phone. Obviously not :(

I really hope somebody has an idea as my appointment is in the morning so that doesn't give me much time.

stefanr

Just to add, when I did the restore I set it up as a new phone. I thought that would mean a clean, new, never touched phone. Obviously not :(

I really hope somebody has an idea as my appointment is in the morning so that doesn't give me much time.
It's because it's logged in itunes as a contact, go to itunes and/or your contacts on your email application and delete it from there.

It keeps coming back (I think) because it's still syncing your contacts which get transferred both ways i.e. from itunes - phone and back again.

Try that.

jerryjal

My contacts are synced with outlook so from what your saying I should look for a contact called PkgBackup in there?

There were two contacts called pkgbackup (with lots of info that you had to scroll down to see) in my contacts list, I deleted them no problem, I can't see how I can delete the group called pkgbackup in outlook.
How do I do that?
:confused:

Last edited:

jerryjal

Still can't work out how to remove the group 'pkgbackup' from outlook, any thoughts would really be appreciated as I only have until the morning.

Thanks in advance.

simon69c

Not been able to find anything about how to remove this I'm afraid - and I have the same group lurking around with apparently nothing in it.

When you restored the normal firmware did you set up as new phone or restore from backup? Does the group remain even if you don't sync with the computer at all after restoring the firmware?

Guess you are already on the way to the genius bar by now unfortunately, but I'd just try not to draw attention to it - hopefully they won't notice!

jerryjal

Just leaving now, i have wiped the phone again.

Ths time not restoring to my back up and the pkgbackup has gone.

Unfortunatly it has installed 3.1.3 so i hope they replace it with one that has 3.1.2!
:rolleyes:

simon69c

I expect it will still be 3.1.2 - doubt they will have shipped iPhones with 3.1.3 out into the wild prior to releasing it on iTunes, and it only became available yesterday. Still - good to know you can get rid of it with a complete wipe and no restore from backup! :smashin:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
I think you can do this by syncing to something else other that Outlook. It will then totally wipe all contacts and groups. I had a similar thing showing on mine with groups from a computer and I just wanted my Google exchange contacts. Sync to something else and it wipes it totally clean, then go back and syc to what you want.

jerryjal

I expect it will still be 3.1.2 - doubt they will have shipped iPhones with 3.1.3 out into the wild prior to releasing it on iTunes, and it only became available yesterday. Still - good to know you can get rid of it with a complete wipe and no restore from backup! :smashin:
Changed the phone no problem, only downside..... tethered jailbreak :(:(

I was really hoping that i would get an earlier one.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom