1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pj

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chrissb6, Dec 26, 2003.

1. chrissb6

chrissb6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, new to this site, my home is in the U.K but l am currently working in Hong Kong. I've got completly hooked on the home cinama thing. Just treading the mine field of which way to go for a projector D.L.P or L.C.D make model ?would be gratefull if any of you could offer any advise?. I have seen a Sony V.P.L -HS20. The pictue quality was unreal. The unit is priced here price here at the sony agents
    for 24,000HK$ = £1,742.00 with all warrenty's carried. is this the way to go or not?. Hong Kong is sinking under the weight of electronic, l just want to sure l am on to the right thing. Merry Xmas and a Happy New year to all.
    regards
    Chrissb6

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    The DLP/LCD debate has been done many times here. Both have pros and cons.

The biggest possible con with DLP is the rainbow effect. You'll really need to demo the model you're looking to buy to see if you're susceptible to them.

The only thing you might need to worry about with buying abroad (if you're going to bring the PJ back to the UK) is the warranty. It could be a pain in the bum to have to send it back to HK if something goes wrong.

3. chrissb6

chrissb6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, l have checked this out with sony H/Q in Hong Kong, they say it is no problem the warrenty is globel for 1 year, will try and view as many P/J's as possible before l buy. l will keep you updated
    regards
    chrissb6 Hong kong

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i don know if it interests you, but Kramer has done a review on the nec ht1000 and was very positive about it with his own hs10 as a comparison. Others have also said how great the nec is. It is due to be updated too so should be able to be bought at good price.

ad

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd get that in writing.

Sony (& most other) PJs imported from Japan must be returned for warranty repair........ergo, no global warranty.

:smoke: