PJ Upgrade

mkguy

Standard Member
I have had a Sanyo Z2 for nearly 3 years now without any problems....

I am looking at going down the route of having a HTPC setup to upscale DVD's etc to HD, using software Theater Tek and FDDshow. I have noticed on some threads that a Nvidia 7600GS video card is well thought of when it comes to showing good quality images, can anyone confirm this?

The 2nd question is would buying a new PJ like the Themescene HD70 improve the image quality but a little, a lot or not at all.... I have always noticed that watching a movie in daytime has been a bit naff due to the picture being quite dark.

Any advice from the experts is greatly appreciated.

Andrew

spooney

I have had a Sanyo Z2 for nearly 3 years now without any problems....

I am looking at going down the route of having a HTPC setup to upscale DVD's etc to HD, using software Theater Tek and FDDshow. I have noticed on some threads that a Nvidia 7600GS video card is well thought of when it comes to showing good quality images, can anyone confirm this?
I own a 7600 GT (not sure about the difference but I think the GS modells are less performant) and the picture is fantastic. In case you do not know: Please be aware the upscaling with tools like ffdshow or dscale is not as simple as it seems. The order of upscaling and other picture improvements is curcial.

I
The 2nd question is would buying a new PJ like the Themescene HD70 improve the image quality but a little, a lot or not at all.... I have always noticed that watching a movie in daytime has been a bit naff due to the picture being quite dark.

Any advice from the experts is greatly appreciated.

Andrew

I am sure, if you go for the Z5 the picture will blow you away. Because Sanyo does significant improvements only with the even number these are two generations!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom