1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ-TX100 V Z3/Z3.5 Which One To Get?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Save_Me, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Save_Me

Save_Me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Right it's time to buy the bullet and I'm going to get either the Hitachi PJ-TX100 or the Sanyo Z3 with a filter upgrade to Z3.5, so my question to all of you good people is which one do you feel would offer me the better picture (price difference is not a problem), it'll be my first PJ and I'll be watching films, and hooking it up to my P.C. Personal opinions are more than welcome. :smashin: Last question, where in London could I view these 2?

Many thanks.

2. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll be lucky getting to buy a Z3 in the UK (you will need to HUNT hard and make a lot of calls, and quickly!). The TX100 you should be able to get. Theres a member here in the same predicament who is getting his TX100 overseas to save some shekels!

Personally I would say find a Z3 and go Z3.5 - i am biased but honestly i have been that happy with it I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Its hidef ready so its future proof (as is the tx100).

The picture is awesome. have a look at my links below in my signature which are slideshows of my setup.

Also you might want to post a wanted ad in the classifieds for a z3.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    The only online comparison I've seen is here...

http://www.cine4home.de/tests/projektoren/LCD-Vergleich2/LCDVergleich2.htm

In German but even without the translation you can see what a fine machine the TX100 is. The only downside is the 1yr warranty and the awkwardness of getting rid of dust from the optics should that ever occur. In those respects, and the recent keen pricing, the Z3 has been the better bargain but in a head to head shoot out I know what I'd have my money on...PJ ;)

4. Save_Me

Save_Me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks you guys, one vote for each :suicide: , hum time to toss a coin perhaps :rotfl:

sainthalo I've been reading with interest johann1979s posts, and have decided to pretty much follow suit (all things being equal)

5. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Save_Me I think you'll be okay with either of them - they both seem good - i can only recommend the z3 as thats what i know well but yep you'll probably be happy with either - enjoy :)

PJ if you're in London you're welcome to pop round for a shoot out against the z3.5. Just make sure you bring a body bag for your tx100 :)

6. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Hi, very generous offer, next time I'm in London with my TX163 under my arm I'll pop in...PJ :D

7. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi saveme ... personally i cannot comment on the pj tx100 as i have never seen one .
    only about 2 1/2 month ago i decided to make a choice between a plasma or like you my first projector.
    i opted for a Z3 just so i could **** my brother off with is good but tiny pani 42"pv500(i hope he reads this). to be totally honest when i first put it on i wasnt that impressed :oops: as it took me about three hours to find the focus :eek: but when i learned of this feature to put it polite my head blew off . i imediatly phoned him up almost orgasming down the phone while i sat here viewing my 6ft - 3ft screen .
    this to me was and still is the perfect choice.including one of the easiest and friendly userfaces that i have seen (once you find the focus :D ).
    like many being a projector virgin i suppose almost any projector would get you a little excited cos if you have been viewing a 28"-32" screen then the jump to lets say 6foot is enough to do this alone!

so you have done the right choice but i think you will still be slightly confused when you leave the forum on wich one to buy so GOODLUCK. :devil:

MY OPINIONS ARE MY OWN FIRST Z3 THEN UPGRADE TO A Z3.5 ;)

8. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    :D They are great aren't they, I remember my brother coming round for the first time. Open mouth, speechless! This after he said on the phone "I've seen PJs in pubs, they're $h1te!"

...PJ

9. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    LOL. Yes you can always rely on the 'They've got one down the pub & they're ...' comment. I just love to see friends faces drop when they come round and actually see the PJ. Their 1st question is then 'How much was that' and the reply is 'less than your 37" LCD TV :D !
    I'd go for the Z3 simply because of the excellant 3 year warranty! (sorry PJ!)