pj-tx100 throw question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by danjos, May 20, 2004.

1. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has it been established that this projector is yet another short throw ? ive emailed hitachi for info, havent heard back yet.

Its really frustrating that according to projector centrals calculator just about all lcd projectors throw a picture 5 or 6 inches too wide for my wall given the throw distance i have to use. The tx10 is currently my only option but im reluctant to buy it as the tx100 is much higher spec and less than £200 more.

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    What is your ideal screen size and throw distance?? I have just about worked out the throw ratio the TX100 is gonna be so I can give you my best estimate!!!

If you wanna let us know your restrictions in the room (furniture, lighting etc) there may be a ways round it...

PM me if easier.

3. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Throw distance details for the TX100 can be found Here. Basically, the throw distance range is between 1.1 and 1.8 times your screen diagonal

Hope this helps

4. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks a lot :)

my max screen width is 91" so thats a diagonal of about 104", according to that info i can have the projector up to 15'6" away, which is perfect as i needed 15ft. That makes it a longer throw machine than most by my reckoning. :)

5. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If you're after a longer throw, then consider the Sony HS20. You can get it for around £1500, and it gets very good reviews round here. You can check out the throw range on ProjectorCentral.com along with many others projectors.

I was thinking about an HS20 but need a very short throw (166cm diagonal from about 1.85m away) so am holding out for the TX100