1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ TX100 best colour settings ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by peve3, Aug 7, 2005.

1. peve3

peve3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I saw a post on here a while ago about settings, for the TX 100 and i was able to get a amazing colour band using these settings.

From what i remember it included colour temp tweaks and Gamma. I cant seem to find the post anywhere tho, was just wondering if anyone knows the link to the post or could direct me to where i could find similer information.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
  3. rockhard

rockhard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before I hooked my TX-100 up to HDMI I was using Component and had 3 memory settings for different signals 1. Cable HDTV 2. Sat HDTV and 3. DVD upconverted from 480i to 720P .

I used the Incredibles THX optimizer DVD and froze the image on the screen with black bars at top and bottom so I could adjust the black bars to be the same on the sides as the top and bottom ( PLUGE) or 7.5 IRE vs 1.0 optimum black on black setting .

You have to have the grey scale correctly setup on PJ and color temp at 6500 K .

With HDTV cable and SAT settings the color accuracy was the opposite I used a complete white feild frozen on my screen and used Gamma and RGB settings to get rid of greenish tinge ...and then memorized that setting ..

I also find that many programs have different intensity and therefore one needs to use memory settings to back off overdriven channels NBC does this with NCIS ...

When I connected my HDMI cable with DVI adapter ( Monster cable ) to connect to TX-100 input I found that it automatically adjusted color settings to the digital standard and it limited the tweaking that could be done except CR IRIS setting # 3 which I prefer in my light controlled basement HT room .

All this is rudimentary adjustments and I will be purchasing a
    DVE PRO 720P DVD test disk -
    http://www.extron.com/product/product.asp?id=videssentdvd

at CEDIA this year and will combine it with the JVC HD DVD PRO DVD player -
    http://pro.jvc.com/prof/Attributes/press_res.jsp?tree=&model_id=MDL101546&itempath=&feature_id=08

which has the ability to play WMV-HD 720P/1080P DVD test disk via DVI-D output . This will finally allow a true ISF calibration in the native display rate of my PJ...

So still the final pro tweak to go and then looking forward to CEDIA and the next gen D5 1080P ( the Holy Grail of HDTV ) LCD to come...