1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ-TX10 calibration

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jkapa, Jul 6, 2004.

1. jkapa

jkapa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get info on this subject.

Do you think that tools like "Digital Video Essentials" are really essential?

Just looking for a good method to tweak the projector and get the most out of it.

Regards

J

2. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm no expert but I would say for a quick tweak use the THX optimiser available on some films. To be honest their test cards are the same as the basics in DVE anyway. However, and it is a big however, the biggest benefit my system got from DVE was in colour. Both my TV and projector were well out with the recommended colour settings, although I appreciate some people would rather have the more "movie" style subdued colours. I also made pretty good use of the DVE test cards to finally set up my TV geometry after "tweaking" it a while ago when I first got the remote hack for the service menu.

I suppose that despite my first line, I've just reeled off a handful of reasons why DVE is worth the £15(ish) I paid for it!!

Regards
    Pip

3. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i used AVIA to calibrate my tx100, made a considerable improvement to PQ and its also nice to feel that you have your pj setup correctly. When youve spent £1k+ on your display equipment its well worth an extra £20 to ensure youre getting the best out of it. :)