PJ Suggestions Optoma HD200x Alternatives

Alim0229

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have recently purchased a HD200x projector, the first was dead on arrival and had to be returned and the replacement is shutting down after a few minutes with lamp failure.

I am planning on returning it and purchasing something different, I am not brave enough to try a third unit after my experience thus far. For the few minutes of viewing I have had, I was happy with the general picture quality, however, I want to buy something that will last a few years

What other projectors are there as alternatives to this popular model that have better reliability/build quality. I would preferably want to stay around the £600-700 mark but I do have some flexibility to go up if there was a worthwhile 'must get' model.

Many thanks

I am surprised you have been unfortunate twice with the 200x as Optomas are normally very reliable.

There is little else at this price point for a 1080p projector the only other two options would be a Mitsubishi HC3800 or the Infocuss 8600 which are both around £700.

Be careful with the Infocus as it has bad rainbow effect for the few folks who have bought it which is a shame as the spec looks pretty good.

The Mits has a good image but has a largish offset of around 18" as opposed to the Optoma'a 8" approx.If this does not present you with a problem it is probably your best option.

These Optomas you bought were they new or refurbs and where did you get them from, as pointed out earlier it is unusual to say the least for two units on the trot to be faulty.

I purchased the Optomas as refurbs but from a well reputed outlet, hence, a little nervous sticking with Optoma and getting a 3rd replacement.

How about the Epson TW3200?

The 3200 is ok but outside your budget unless second hand,they are £900 new.

Hi there

Tried the Optoma again but either the red lamp led comes on after a bit or the picture starts to flicker different colours.

I could stretch to £900-£1000 if this would buy something reliable with good picture quality

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom