PJ shutdown incorrectly :(

porscheman

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I am really very worried, please can anyone of you offer me a glimmer or hope? I stupidly went out earlier and left the boy watching a film, and the wife was in the house but she knows sod all about anything even slightly technical.

I was out for about 4 and a half hours and when I returned I noticed the PJ standby light was not lit. My son has now admitted sheepishly that he did not switch off the PJ with the remote, but he has switched it off via the fused switch on the wall (I told him to NEVER touch this by kids will be kids :(:mad: )

I could be imaging this but I am really worried my NEW PJ is fooked. I just switched it on and I am sure there is now a red tinge to the image. Is there any way I can be sure whether the PJ is ok or not? I cannot find any DVD or bluray with a colour test card on it. How can I be sure there is NOT a fault please? :(:(:(

:lease:

Last edited:
Switching off at the wall causes lamp hot spots and if you did it often enough, would cause premature lamp failure. a one off occurrence won't necessarily cause any damage and I doubt very much would cause a red tinge.

Maybe just red mist on your part ? :)

^^^ Thank you so much noiseboy, I sure hope you are right. I am so cross and upset about this as I have only just finished getting me cinema ready and everything seems to be going wrong :(

It did happen to me as well a few times. Once the lamp blew but that is very rare. I'd suggest to record all your setting on a piece of paper and do a full factory reset. That should take care of any such issues. I've had massive 3D issues with mine and I was about to return the unit to the shop but did a factory reset and full calibration and all was good. Don't worry your PJ can take some beating;)

Thanks my man. Much appreciated. :thumbsup::hiya::)

James

just mentioning I've also returned a perfectly good new sub as it was behaving oddly and it turned out a factory reset of the receiver fixed the issue as later figured it started acting up after a power failure so factory reset can solve mysterious issues, just mentioning. also often we overreact when something happens to put precious toys. I found that leaving the site,having a good scotch or whisky and then revisiting the issue with a "clear head" also helps:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom