PJ Recommendations - Awkward Room

Martos

Hi, I'm looking for a few recommendations for a projector for a living room to replace my old Optoma Hd80.

The room has light walls and ceiling, but is quite dark with curtains closed. The projector will be ceiling mounted, but ceilings are only 8'. Budget is up to £2.5k.

Screen is 84", with ~12' between PJ and screen.

Something the size of an Epson TW7400/9400 is too big.

I seem to be left with Optoma UHD65, Benq W5700 or Epson TW7000 as my options, but am struggling to find demos or stock in the North West.

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
If you use a low profile flush mount so it sits on the ceiling 9400 is not too bad. Why don’t you make a cardboard box the same size and tape it to the ceiling for a bit?

Picture was much better on the 9400 than uhd65 when I demoed them both. Not seen the 5700 but other people say the same. For an extra 30mm of ceiling is it worth compromising the picture quality?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Get a TV mate.

ur spending a lot of money, ur projecting a small image and its in a living room. literally the criteria for a TV>

ur budget is big but due to size requirements ur demo-ing low tier PJs. just doesnt make sense.

Martos

Can't get a TV bigger than 55" in due to door placement unfortunately.

The old HD80 did a great job and watching on a tv just isn't the same.

Might take a punt on a second hand TW7300/7400 and try and make it fit. A black 9300/9400 would result in a divorce and that'll cost even more than a new PJ 😂

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Can't get a TV bigger than 55" in due to door placement unfortunately.

The old HD80 did a great job and watching on a tv just isn't the same.

Might take a punt on a second hand TW7300/7400 and try and make it fit. A black 9300/9400 would result in a divorce and that'll cost even more than a new PJ 😂

Get a 9300 mate and deal with the divorce. I always think it doesn't look that bad if you put it on a nice shelf rather than celing mount it.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom