Question Pj only does 720p what happens to any other resolutions

RobTi

Hi looking for some help here, what would happen if a projector outputs at 720p and you feed it 1080 or 4K will it just output 720 or nothing ?

better explain more, have an old Sanyo plvz1 that I was going to give to my son to play with and then thought about the above, he has a 4K Apple TV and watches Virgin so 1080 all fed into a Yamaha rxa3050 into a Panasonic plasma

Last edited:

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
What you need to know is what the Input side of the Projector supports rather than what the Output side displays.

You need to know the format, inc frame rate, plus HDCP version, when dealing with 4K UHD, plus HDR, DV etc

Depending on the projector capability you may end up with the Source saying it can't send a signal, the Projector saying 'signal not supported' or a down-converted image.

Joe

RobTi

Sorry joe crossed threads after I updated my post, think I will just take it down from the ceiling and pack it up and get rid of it, I had though that it would adjust down so everything could be watched at 720, but guess it’s to old now lol

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'to old now' - think that describes a few of us :)

You would either have to 'limit' the Source to match the Projector capability or add in a converter from the likes of HDFury to down convert any Source (input) signal to suit the Projector - plenty of folk still getting great service out of older projectors and displays using that option.

Joe

Top Bottom