1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ Mounting Box

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scott686868, Jan 4, 2004.

1. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was just wondering, everyone is speaking about PJ mounts but nobody seems to mention boxs for PJ's to sit in.

Was looking about at websites and found one with the PJ just sitting in a box mounted onto the ceiling, this looked like a good idea to me as it was well hidden and not a cable in sight, also the PJ fan was on the front so no problems there.

Was just wondering is there any downside to this, esp if the PJ was fixed into position and no chance of it fallen out.......

PS. Both me and my wife are heavy smokers, esp when watching films, any ideas on a small fan to push away the smoke from projector ????

Cheers ;)

2. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The fan may be on the front but the vents will be elsewhere so it'll still need space around it.

4. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture i seen did have space around the whole projector, was just wondering why more people did'nt use this idea as it seemed so much neater rather than a bracket hanging from the ceiling with cables from it

5. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    But how much space?

The Z2 manual recommends 50cm in all direction except above which is 20cm.

Thats a big box!

6. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    scott, see my sig which works for me and the missus and means the pj has loads of air to 'breathe' and can be quickly put away safely and no one would knew we even had one :D

7. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea but the room it's going in would be too long. It's a Z1 i've got so i suppose the 50cm would apply to that model aswell.

Ok, better re-think now, going to find a tape measure and see how long 50cm is !!!!!!!

Cheers for your help

:suicide: Still cant believe i was going to spend £1,500.00 on a rear projection tv, all i can say is wow and it's only a Z1 and projected onto a magnolia wall untill the loft gets done........