pj maintenance advice

MAD ANDY

Established Member
Reaction score
how often should the lens be cleaned and what with?

and how often should you remove the air filters? also do you just blow the dust out or clean them with something special?

cheers

try lampz.co.uk for your lamp....

If you go to jessops or a camera type place, you should be able to get some solvent type solution and lint free tissues to clean the lens...... just clean it as you see fit.

Air filters..... i removed mine every few months, blew them out then cleaned them (water), let them dry and replaced them.

ad

Depends on the environment.

Cleaning
Recommended every 100 hours, but if you have a dusty / smokey environment, every 20 hours.

Replacement
Standard environment, every time the lamp is replaced, dusty / smokey, when you can see the filter is wearing out.

Lens
Recommend a non-alcohol based solution. I use Screen Clean and a lint free cloth. The cloth does not leave any spears or dust behind.

Originally posted by Ricco
Replacement
Standard environment, every time the lamp is replaced, dusty / smokey, when you can see the filter is wearing out.

Lens
Recommend a non-alcohol based solution. I use Screen Clean and a lint free cloth. The cloth does not leave any spears or dust behind.

replace the filters cos they wear out?? really?? thought they were just mesh that needed cleaning?

ah right Mr. Sheen and a duster are not recommended then DOH!

Possibly should have defined my answer as DLP projectors tend not to have air filters installed where as LCD do.

I believe it is because 3 chip systems, optics, etc are more ceceptipal (Probably the wrong spelling) to dust.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom