1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ installers (NE England)?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Pzycho, May 1, 2002.

1. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recommend a company to install my Barco Graphics 808s in the NE of England (half an hour from Newcastle)? There seems to be lots of companies that'll install it for me, but none of them have been able to provide me with good references so far, and the ones I know are good seems to be fully booked from now til the end of time.

I'll need help with the physical roof mounting, motorized screen install (also need quotes for 8' wide stewart screens - motorized, both 4:3 and 16:9) and of course a proper calibration of the PJ once installed.

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I was impressed with the setup in the demo room in Sevenoaks Newcastle. It's a DLP, but at the very least it shows that they know what a good picture looks like! Dunno if they do CRT, though.

I presume you've spoken to B4 & Gordon already?

Cheers,
    Liam

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Arne
    I have replied to your email. (eventually)

Happy to do it, just running a little busy right now.

4. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland was my first choice after hearing so many praise him, but he never got around to answering me - until now that is :)

Roland:
    Ahh well, in that case :D

I'll reply with my prefered dates when I know them for sure. Just wanted to have something semi sorted before going ahead with other things. Cheers.

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Sorry if it takes me a while to come back, email often has to get shelved. - Just too much going on.

I fitted my 50th CRT tube this week. (er that's since June last year)

Any one else waiting for a replay that I've missed?

6. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Roland,

I should be taking delivery of a Sony 1272 in the next couple of days. I'm also in the NE (Darlington) so maybe this would work out cheaper if you were up this way?

Please let me know possible dates.

Thanks,

Shaun

7. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmm, quite a few up north that'll want a visit from Roland then :)

Let me try and pry the completion date out from solicitors tomorrow and we can try to work out a date/time that'll work for everyone? Of course, I'll expect my already quoted price to drop a lil bit if you've gotta go up north anyway :D

VERY nice setup you've got btw THX - chance of a closer look next time I'm up there?

8. jlcrawford

jlcrawford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Roland
    I know you know already but I want a fan mod and a checkup on my CRT installation . So if you're UP NORTH then how about a visit to Hartlepool?

9. Pzycho

Pzycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland,
    we are currently looking at a May 22nd completion/moving date. So the install will have to be postponed til after this time.

My suppliers of the Stewart screen have also got back to me stating that they will need to perform a site survey before authorizing my order, this should only take a day or two extra though. Would I be best of getting this installed by my suppliers so everything is more or less ready for you, or is this something you'd like to do when installing/calibrating the PJ?