PJ Hifi SDI Mod Service Feedback

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jasonjo, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi All,

I thought I would share my feedback on my recent SDI upgrade and provide a quick recommendation for PJ Hifi's SDI mod service for anyone considering SDI mods to their DVD player.

I have an iScan HD scaler and wanted to try and get the very best out of my Denon DVD player via the iScan, whilst freeing up one of the component inputs. So, i decided to look at SDI mod'ing my Denon DVD-3800 player, as i plan to keep it until HD-DVD is finally here and the warranty expired a while ago. Anyhow, i looked around for a while and then found Elliots post in the Power Buys forum offering the SDI modification service.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156065

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, i got the player successfully modded by Elliot and the chaps @ PJ. I think the player was quite hard to mod, but PJ kept on the case.

Since i have got the player back, i have been revisiting my dvd collection and all i can say is...WOW!...i know these things are subjective and have a bit of an "emperors new clothes" element, but the picture just seems so much better than the YUV output (and my 3800 is no slouch with component either! ;) ). It is hard to describe differences, but there is more detail, colours are better, the picture is cleaner with less noise, seems a little sharper and overall much more "watchable". Even the wife agreed it was much better and she has absolutely no idea what i have had done (or how much it cost! :eek: )

Anyhow, i am now a very happy bunny with amazing pictures from all my sources, but especially DVD.

Special thanks to Els @ PJ for all his hard work, fantastic commitment and excellent customer service! If you want an SDI Mod, check out the power buys and get it done by PJ Hifi - you wont be disappointed!!

VERY RECOMMENDED :thumbsup:

Cheers

JJ

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I have a DV27a and a SKY+ box SDI modded by PJHifi, top job. :thumbsup:

3. X3ELS

X3ELS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Thanks for the great feedback guys, we have now completed over 100 mods to loads of different products and everyone has been very very happy :thumbsup: Especially a recent conversion for the UK Tivo forum to enable SDI on these boxes :)