1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ for use with live music gigs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Lester's Cloud, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Lester's Cloud

Lester's Cloud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I manage an upcoming band and have used super 8 projectors (freek I know) for visuals in the past.

Now looking into LCD / DLP video PJ options.

Looking for decent quality, pj for use in gig environment, so may have to be reasonably tough and easy to set up and take down each night.

Also will need to be reasonably bright.

Will probably be triggering images from a laptop.

Any suggestions on possible pj to consider? Any other factors I should be considering?

Would really rather not go crazy on the price either - is sub £2,000 possible?

Thanks in advance.

Lester's Cloud

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    From your description, brightness is probably going to be one of the most important factors.

You should be able to pick up a 1500 ANSI lumen SVGA projector for under £2K inc VAT. The resolution will be good enough for PC images and the brightness sufficient to stand up well against some stage lighting. Unless your Super 8 projector used a particularly bright lamp then you'll find these LCD projector will produce a brighter image on the same size screen.

Use a Google search to find some on-line retailers and check out the range of products available. Philips have a product that meets your needs as do several other manufacturers.

Regards