Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PJ digital photos

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JohnCorleone, Oct 7, 2003.

1. JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've finally got most of my set-up complete and I'm currently trying to document it all with photos :) I am coming up against a problem with my camera though, the photos just dont do the picture justice! The pics are at : www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~homerj/homecinema

The camera is a 2 megapixel HP camera, other than getting a new camera is there any tips on getting a better picture in such a dark environment ?

Cheers,

John

P.S. Still have to black border the screen so it doesnt look like the rest of the wall ;)

2. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Link doesn't work.

3. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Still using your Dublin Cleaners Union Webspace John?? You naughty boy!............or are you a faculty member?? :D

4. JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paulw77 : It should work fine, it is just an index page though so no html as of yet (too busy at the mo!)

Calibos : Still use the college networking society as an associate member :) Being a nerd is for life, not just for college :D Nice HC set-up btw! Is that a dedicated room? /me has moved home for a while and is using his bedroom again :/

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    What are you using as a projector mount?

I dont want a ceiling mount, was thinking about a shelf, but yours doesnt look too bad.

6. JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nunew33 : I had the same dilemma myself, a ceiling mount wasn't an option in the room so I considered the shelf/wall mount options. A shelf has the problem of having to be quite large and deep to give good ventilation for the PJ so I settled on the wall mount option. I found the mount in homebase for 40 Euro and it does the job very adequately
    :) It's a TV mount for 13 - 17" TV's. It's not particularly neat at the moment but thats more to do with the component cable and power lead not being long enough to reach comfortably. Lots of small things to still work on :D

7. JohnCorleone

JohnCorleone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Incidentally if you're looking for the photos, I've moved the previous page to make way for a minimalist HC page.

Photos at www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~homerj