1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PJ Connections

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mat-Moo, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    What is the best way to hook up a PJ at present? I have a HDVI and Component inputs (although I have nothing that outpus either at present, which is why I am asking!) and I am currently using s-video. I was thinking about upgrading my Amp to a newer Yamaha which has yuv connections on for source swapping but then if newer amps come out with dvi on them I don't want to upgrade yet only to be left wanting to upgrade in the very near future.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Component is better than S-Vid

Once you go to component you'll always wonder about DVI/HDMI hence it's probably worth aiming for that, but I think AV amps with DVI/HDMI switching are premium products at the moment.

Similarly my AV amp only supports S-Vid hence I'm putting everything straight into the PJ, but I only use the PJ for DVD (occasional video) hence I can get away with this - I can imagine more complex scenarios mandating switching of some sort...PJ

3. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for your input, anyone else?

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I agree with PJTX100, especially about direct-connection to the PJ, I have a Denon 3803 but rarely use its' video switching capabilities.

The only thing I'd add is that you can get a 2:1 DVI switcher (which works for HDMI too) for around £200 so there is an alternative route for later on.