PJ Ceiling lift

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jimcarney, Mar 31, 2004.

1. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a problem with my PJ height people keep banging their heads on it when its not being used . My screen has to be 22ins form the ceiling because of a steel beam that supports the roof ,so as you can imagine the PJ is fairly low ,so can I have a cradle/ lift fitted that would retract into the ceiling from 2ft 6ins anyone know if its possible .... Thanks in advance ....Jim

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    It should be possible, but will dependant on how much ceiling space you have, your budget and the projector you own.

Typical in-ceiling space required is around 300-400mm, projector and lift dependant.

3. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Richard ,thanks for the promt reply , the PJ is a Philips Astiare Deluxe , do you mean how much roof space above ceiling if you do its vast.Jim

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    That I did indeed Jim.

We distribute lifts at work by a Dutch company called Audipack. They make a huge range of mounts, lifts etc for projectors plasmas and the like.

Their lift that would probably fit this best is the CL1040, which has a drop of 350mm standard and can be extended to 650mm (25.6") if required, which it would be in this case.

It has a square platform of 390x390mm which should fit the projector, though I've not checked the specs on it.

Cost wise you are looking at approx £1,650.00 ex VAT SSP, you would also need some sort of control for this and a mount adapter plate to fit between projector and lift.

There should be some details @ www.audipack.com but if you require anything further or have an queries please ask.

5. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thats a bit expensive Richard any other companies make any , and I assume thats with me fitting it ......Jim

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Future Automation also make lifts, but I'm not aware of their prices.

A net trawl should bring something up.

7. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Jim I think you'll find ReTrO's recomendation to be about the normal price. But if you're handy at DIY!!! Maybe even a manual mechanism much like an attic door + ladder type rig....

8. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Hi

Sorry for the delay in this, just read the post. I too looked into this and saw a lift by Da-Lite. I spoke to an old buddy of mine and he does custom installs for a local hifi dealer - he was saying there isnt much out there for less than around £2k.

I ended up getting a unicol mount thats extendable, but in the end preferred the pj to be pretty close to the ceiling and used the keystone correction. This is a lot cheaper then £2k!

May be worth calling a few dealers and seeing what they can come up with.

Hope this helps

Tone