1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pj blacks vs lcd monitor blacks

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sirata, Oct 8, 2005.

1. sirata

sirata

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    As people who are following my ht in a shed build will know i am after an lcd projector (dlp gives me a headache )
    Living in the channel islands it is nearly impossible to demo a pj,and i don`t want to fork out £300 on flights/hotel too see an item that costs £1000
    For those of you that have a z2,z3 or ae700 ,how would you say the blacks compare to an lcd monitor/laptop screen. I have just watched a hi-def trailer for star wars trilogy and the blacks on my laptop screen were fine,so if a projector is similar, thats fine by me.

Dave

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    better i would say, in a light controled room with dark walls would give maximum affect.

3. home cine

home cine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum, but i would say go for the AE700 or the Z3, the AE700 is what i have so a bit bias, but i can tell you the blacks are very good and definition is better than any monitor i have seen.
    Hope this helps, although others on here know more about this than me.

Chris.

4. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I got a Z3 and have never noticed any problems with blacks. Although I too had read posts regarding poor blacks on LCD when compared with DLP Projectors.

I'd stop worrying and buy one. Either the new Panny or the Sanyo Z4 (or the Panny AE700) will absolutely do the business for you. The Z3 is now basically sold out. I'm sure you won't regret it !