• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

pixmania's advertising ?

steve69

Established Member
hi all,
now im sure this is not the case but by the looks of it pixmania is advertising the Samsung eu40b6000 with a hd tuner in it.
is this right or not please, as i thought that it was just a digital tuner and not a hd tuner. surely they have it wrong ?

to me its false advertsing aint it.
but it is very confusing to someone who would of wanted a hd tuner for freesat or something.
cheers all
Samsung UE40B6000 LED TELEVISION review cheap prices UE40B6000 LED TELEVISION Samsung best buy discount online uk shop

Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
It's wrong, when HD terrestrial in the UK does come out it will need a different tuner.

adebig

Prominent Member
Pixmania is a French company and this TV is meant for the French market not the UK, so perhaps that will explain it.

steve69

Established Member
It seems it has a digital tuner and a cable tuner, if you look at the spec.
Maybe that explains it?

no not really, as i didnt think samsung were making them with cable tuners in.
and i did read it had a cable tuner too but as i said i didnt think samsung were making them.
so no it does not explain it.

i know it aint a good deal either as you can have the 7000 for over a 100 cheaper than the 6000 on there.

cheers for the link though, but im not looking for a bd player im just after the tv. just looking at the 7000 as it seems a bit better spec.

Last edited:

steve69

Established Member
Pixmania is a French company and this TV is meant for the French market not the UK, so perhaps that will explain it.

well they have the prices in pounds so i would of thought that they are advertising to the uk too.
they are a good company when i have delt with them. if something aint right then theres no quibble in refund and been very good to me so far.

i wont be buying from this tv from them though as like has been said its too expensive. its just i get there emails every couple of days with there deals thats all.

steve69

Established Member
It's wrong, when HD terrestrial in the UK does come out it will need a different tuner.

cheers, i tought it was but i just wanted to make sure as i didnt know they were making the tv's with any hd tuners in, i just thought it would of been digital and thats it.

steve69

Established Member
oh hell, thats bad that, i aint seen them posts.
i got to admit i wouldnt buy something like this from them. but i have bought in the past,dvd's, upscalers, divx players and so on which have been great.
yes i have had to find how to turn some into english though ,so i can see your point there and thats the reason i wouldnt buy from them tbh.
cheers
steve
:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom