pixmania worth using?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alpappy, Feb 15, 2005.

1. alpappy

alpappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a word of caution.

I bough a sammy 745 from Pixmania I did not realise the goods came from France
    It took a week plus to arrive Did not have a UK plug
    But now it is not working( only 2 days old) and to return it the postage ( insured) is 27 quid..for a 100 pound dvd!!!

The postage is not refundable

alan

2. jucame

jucame
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here with me, mine stops working a couple of days ago and now I will have to spend that money to get a new one...very bad economic idea in the end to buy from places like Pixmania, better to do it in a normal shop so in this case we could change easely and less expensive :(

3. aligamer

aligamer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brought a divx dvd player from them, no probs - i guess you guys were just unlucky as i checked around for some info on pixmania and others seems to be ok with it before i ordered, they have a shop in UK, Fulham btw.

4. Gadgets4Me

Gadgets4Me
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry you've had problems guys.

But, I bought a Konica 410 digital camera from Pixmania. Had it over a year now, no problems. It did come with the wrong plug though.

A friend also bought a Sony camcorder about 6 months ago, that's good too.
    Wrong plug again.

5. hillster

hillster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I've bought two digital camera's from them and not had any problems up to now touch wood. That said I ordered my Samsumg 945 from Hughes Direct as I wanted a UK model, it arrives today....

Good luck with the replacements

6. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered an HD745 from Pixmania since they had stock. 1 day later they asked for a scan of a bank statement as proof of ID which I sent immediately by email. (They could have asked for this immediately with the order to save delay). 2 days later I received a delivery failure notice from their email server. Now their website says the HD745 is "more than 10 days" wait for stock. I cancelled and ordered from DigiUK instead. :thumbsdow

7. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    With regards to a faulty product, I opted for their warranty cover (I think it was about £10) when I got my HD945, which i believe means they give you a 100% refund if anything goes wrong, for 1 year, and I (think) it covers postage costs. It really is a poor and cheeky system though. If I was you Alan, I wouldnt stand for it anyway - get on the phone and give them hell. Why should you pay for their broken product?

8. jucame

jucame
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will look for that Phone number as well and call them see what happens ;)

9. BravOllie

BravOllie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking to buy a projector from these people.

However just thought i'd do a search for the company first and glad i did!

Not exactly put me off but possibly made me feel differently about the company.

Like people here have said, only really a problem if you should get a problem with your goods

Ollie

10. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,349
    I've bought two digital cameras from this company now. One for me and one for a guy at work.

The first one was ordered on Friday, came from France and was delivered Monday!

Second one was ordered Tuesday and came Friday morning.

Very pleased with the prices and delivery. Both came with all the UK instructions and plugs etc.

Also, you hear people concerned about having to return it to France if there is a problem. But if you bought it in the UK and had to send it back, it would probably cost about £10 - £15 by carrier, unless you risked parcelfarce. You can send it to France for not that much more. In some cases, the manufacturer should be able to deal with the problem direct anyway. Although it the item only cost £100 to start with and it costs you £20 - £30 to send it back then obviously that is not any good.

:thumbsup: for pixmania from me anyway.

11. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The thing that put me off the most was their shopping cart system - it automatically puts lots of extra stuff into your cart near the end that you did not ask for, such as the extended gurantee, useless 'VIP' card thingy, charity donations, etc. And with no mention of 'non 'UK' goods, either! Oh, and the 'order traking' option, which is in German...

12. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,349
    Yes, their shopping basket is a bit cheeky. Automatically adding all this zen engagement crap etc.

Had no problem with the order tracking though, in english for me.

13. alpappy

alpappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having posted my dvd back within the 7 days They now claim it take 3-4 weeks to test it and if faulty will refund These guys break avery uk consumer law that exists stay away!!!

14. graham w

graham w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a digital camera off them (Minolta)
    Camera locked up after 4 weeks ,needed it for a holiday to Florida the week after.
    Phoned Pixmania and they were very unsympathetic,i would have expected an exchange but no, :thumbsdow had to send it back to the manufacturers for repair.
    Three weeks later returned , even had to pay for postage.
    Once bitten.......................

15. skip

skip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you have to watch out with a few of these sites it seems. ordered the sam 945 from digiuk showed in stock on there site , paid a additional £2.99 for next day delivery.the sale went through ok, but had to go into work the day of delivery.phoned digi up to see if possible to swap the delivery till the next day.only to be told that it would not be coming as they were sold out, i told them that the site showed the stock was in and was then told that they dont have control over the web site (what a load of tosh )they said the earliest that the stock will be in is the middle of march and that they could reserve one for me. I declined and cancelled the order, just as well i called.

16. alpappy

alpappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    NOw a month since returned for credit No response to 6 emails I have now taken to a dispute via the credit card company

Avoid at all costs
    Alanl

17. GID

GID
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered a Samsung 945 from Pixmania, Display was not working , so phoned 'Help desk' and was told the pick up service would phone to arrange collection. I have not heard from them despite calling help desk. Avoid them at all costs buy from a uk web retailer instead. Pixmania couldnt care less about customer satisfaction

18. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Look elsewhere to buy your goods. My cousin bought a Philips 720 dvd player from pixmania and when it arrived it hade a dent at the front. They stated point blank that they were not willing to exchange it for a new one, let alone the possibility of getting his money back. Avoid like the bubonic plague, its companies such as these, with atrocious customer services that make shopping online.........uncertain.