1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixmania - Shocking service

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by laser, Oct 19, 2005.

1. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I order a digital camera last Wednesday which was reported as being in stock and would be dispatched the same or next day.

Six days later the camera still hasn't been dispatched and attempts to contact them have only result in a huge phone. I waited in a queue for over 90 minutes and still couldn't get through at national call rate as well.

Their web site states you can cancel your order online but when you try to visit the page the web site takes you to a FAQ page with no details on cancelling your order. A mistake on their behalf or intentional..????

I for one will not be using Pixmania again. The lure of cheaper prices would appear to be offset by crap service.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had bad service from this company or possibly even good service.

2. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    I ordered a Canon printer off them a while back which took much longer than it should have done to arrive. I did get a reply from their customer services dept but it was just a standard 'we're sorry... blah blah blah'. Haven't ordered from them again.

3. BocheB

BocheB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have famously bad CS. French based aren't they? Probably do it just to annoy the English.

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I ordered something that was in stock and the order confirmation also confirmed it was in stock but by the time they were due to dispatch to their London collection site, it was out of stock and the email was very confusing. The phone call I think was answered OK but they guy on the other end could not understand if the email meant my order had been dispatched sucessfully but the item was now out of stock for new orders or if my order had been dispatched minue the out of stock item.

Anyway, I purchased elsewhere, at a slightly cheaper price and did not have to pay a service charge just to collect from their shop.

Canceling was easy online ... The FAQ section was under 'CANCELLATION AND REMBURSEMENT' and 'How do I cancel my order?' with a link to a short form to fill in.

Initially I was wary of the company, couldn't make head or tails of their terms and surcharges and gold membership things that seemed to add optional items automatically to the price. I was also very disappointed with not having the item in stock and only finding out after I was due to collect from their London collection point. It was a mad rush to find an alternative supplier but it worked out well in the end. Their customer service is certainly not up to the standard depictied on their web site, but not worse than could be expected of many customer service departments these days.

5. beachy

beachy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    so glad i read this post,i was thinking of ordering a canon a620 from pixmania as they have a good price,i certainly won't bother now after reading about there service,so thats one customer they have lost,i wonder how many more feel like i do,it's just typical of a lot of the companys these days,try and get your money then give a crap service !

6. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,595
    I had absolutely no problems with them...very happy with their service, just to balance things out...well, almost...

7. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I had problems with them and delay in delivery - they tried to blame their delivery company but that find of fell apart when they checked their own logs which showed they hadnt even dispatched the item.

After having to email their MD I did finally get a refund on my delivery charge and a small discount for time and hassel.

8. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I had no problems with them about 18 months ago.

Nigel

9. wildone

wildone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No problems either - ordered a Nikon D70 and a couple of lenses back in May of this year - prompt and efficient service.

10. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems for me either (3 or 4 orders over the last 12/18 months) although I have heard they're not the best with regard to CS.

:smoke:

11. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems here atall

Ordered A Canon Digital Camera, delivered in 2 days no probs

2nd order i placed was for Epson P2000 Photo Viewer, Photo Paper And A Canon IP5200R Printer

The paper was sent straight away, the Epson was out of stock the canon was not out yet, 2 weeks later i canclled the P2000 as i got elsewhere and they refunded money in 2 days, and a week later the Canon arived (earlier than expected)

Very happy with them

P.S And i got through to them on the phone in about 10 mins which is not too bad really

12. nig6

nig6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    No problems for me either, very quick delivery and excellent price!

13. chippyminter

chippyminter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm still waiting for 1 sharp lc32ga3e and a lc15sh1e which i placed an order on the 4th oct don't touch this company with a stick........... no responce from emails there faq is a waste of time blah blah blah I could go on but I've lost the will to live dealing with them...... stay away!!!!!!!!!

14. spuddy01

spuddy01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi I have ordered quite a bit from this company and have not had any problems as of yet anyway(FINGERS CROSSED) :rotfl:

15. dj_jay_smith

dj_jay_smith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also had problems with them. I order from their german site (living in Germany) and they said the item was in stock.

But when I got the confirmation email I had to send them proof of my address, credit card, passport etc via fax otherwise they wouldn't ship the order!

Anyway, I also saw that the item was now suddenly out of stock even though it was in stock when I ordered, and should arrive in a couple of days. So I waited, and waited and it never came in stock so I never sent them my details and the order was automatically cancelled (at no charge to me).

But the service was rubbish, they automatically added items onto your order that you didn't want let alone need and you had to mess around to remove them.

Personnally I will not go near them again with a barge-pole. I have been ordering over the internet for years and never experienced such bad service before.

16. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    i had a very very long wait when i placed my first 2 orders for some prints.
    the website states delivered within 72 hours. 3 weeks latter my second order arived, week after that my first.
    as it was i got out of paying for the first (got a refund based on the time it took but then the order arrived a day after).
    would never use them or recomend them to anyone.

Dave.

17. Wannabe-THX

Wannabe-THX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When I bought my camera from them I visited their London store. But do a little searching before buying from them, as they are not the cheapest about and they use foreign/grey stock.

Fish

18. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It depends what you buy on some items they are alot cheaper than elsewhere, i always look round the net for hours before spending my cash to save as much money as possible and on the last 2 items my Canon S2 Camera and Canon Pixma IP5200R printer they was far cheaper than anywhere else.