Pixels Review

An interesting review, its got panned completely so a 7/10 makes me wonder if its worth a watch after all!

An interesting review, its got panned completely so a 7/10 makes me wonder if its worth a watch after all!
I didn't really rate it, gave it a 5/10. Good visual effects and a couple of laughs (there should have been a lot more but the script was very weak), aside from that I wasn't impressed. I put more detailed comments in the user review section.

I didn't really rate it, gave it a 5/10. Good visual effects and a couple of laughs (there should have been a lot more but the script was very weak), aside from that I wasn't impressed. I put more detailed comments in the user review section.
Ah thanks mate, thats roughly the score I'd be expecting going by the others. Think it'll be a wait till DVD for me :)

For me it has some of the funniest moments/gags i've seen in a comedy for ages.
I gave it 7/10.
Dinklage's character was the worst part of the film, bit of a waste of him really.

I think Adam Sandler is someone you either "get" or "don't", a bit Marmite!:)

I've enjoyed a lot of his films, some more than others, admittedly.

I'll definitely give this a go, the last family film I saw with him in was "Bedtime Stories" which also got a poor reception, but my 9yo and myself both really enjoyed it.

Last Adam Sandler film I saw was Hotel Transylvania and I loved it! So will probably check this out.
I do agree he is a bit marmite, Jim Carey is just as marmite also! Imagine them together! (think they were considered for GOTG?)

It's supposed to look amazing in HDR, so once I have the necessary equipment and can get my hands on the HDR version, I will probably check it out.

I think Adam Sandler is someone you either "get" or "don't", a bit Marmite!:)

I've enjoyed a lot of his films, some more than others, admittedly.

I'll definitely give this a go, the last family film I saw with him in was "Bedtime Stories" which also got a poor reception, but my 9yo and myself both really enjoyed it.

My 2 girls (13 & 5) loved this film, even the missus liked it...defo worth a see. Was a bit worries as the youngest hated the minion movie (prior to that she LOVED minions) and its the first non-animation film I've seen her sit through ever!

This is Another movie shot in HDR

We watched it in IMAX 3D yesterday - waste of technology. The worst bit was the excruciating cameo from Harry Potter's aunt playing a deranged PM but even that's got some serious competition from the number of scenes that reduce the required viewing IQ to single digit.

Rent or stream it - makes Fant4astic look like a classic.

4/10 for the use of characters from Burgertime and funky Mini Doopers.

Interesting review and I might see it when it comes out in Japan next month. To be honest I can't really stand Sandler, with the only films with him in it that I like being Punch Drunk Love and Funny People, so was going to give this a miss. But I do like Chris Columbus who made the Home Alone films, Mrs Doubtfire, the first two Harry Potters and also wrote the Goonies so Ill give it a chance.

Im wondering if the movie didn't have Adam Sandler in it whether it would have still gotten trashed by reviewers? It seems to be popular now just to be overly negative with anything that he appears in, even though he just starred and produced Pixels and didn't write or direct the movie.

Saw Pixels yesterday.
Generally OK, the kids loved it, but some very odd things in it.
First was Sean Bean playing an English soldier, but using American words/phrases that an English person would never use.
Second was the PM being played by a 'frightfully posh' woman, which the Kevin James character would then ridicule by saying "I can't understand a word she's saying"
Very Anti-English vibe to it, they are there to be Americanised or ridiculed.
Cheap laughs 'haha you can't understand English people, they all sound like the queen'.
Come on...

Michelle Monaghan and Amber Benson in a short skirt were the only things this film had going for it.

Actually enjoyed this in a no expectations, chucklesome way.

Saw it earlier, thought it was good fun. 7/10

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom