1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PixelPlus Double Lines?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bodyfodder, May 10, 2003.

1. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After deciding that a 32" is too big for my bedroom the idea of the Loewe Aventos is no more so iv narrowed it down to a Philips.

I will be mainly using the TV for console gaming and was wondering what sort of effect the double lines mode will have? Will the increase in resolution be that visible? Will there be any nasty side effects?

Any help from PixelPlus owners would be great.
    Thanks.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I find double lines mode artefact free, and yes the resolution increase is noticeable... you'll just have to live with the fact that it's 50Hz ;) An excellent choice for gaming... although you may find you like Pixel+... looks top notch with my PS2 ;)

3. bluetile

bluetile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can now get the Aventos in 28".
    £715 from trvandvideodirect.

4. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replys.

I will be connecting a gamecube into the TV and it will be running at 60hz anyway so it bother me as much. I just want a widescreen that has has a higher resolution than a normal TV.

I was in the Trafford Centre yesterday and saw the 28PW9527 and even tho the feed to the TV was poor it still looked better than all the other sets in the shop including the Loewe Aconda sat next to it!

28PW9527 £672!!! at Empire Direct.:smoke:

5. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Tip: Get John Lewis to pricematch the cheapest "real" shop you can find and get a free 5 yr warranty! ;)