Pixellation shadow around moving images

markyh

Standard Member
Hi,
My Samsung UE55JS9000 tv has started to get a strange image breakup .
It’s around a faster moving image on the screen, it’s like it’s not processing the image fast enough on certain parts of the screen , especially around moving people , or moving objects , a pixelating shadow , it happens on Sky channels , Netflix and even on my Xbox .
It’s really off putting trying to watch a movie .
Ive tried enabling and disabling the motion judder settings etc , makes no difference .

I’ve recorded several videos of it doing it , but I’m having trouble attaching . I’ve attached pics instead , the pics don’t really show it .
It’s around the girls left hand , it’s front of bonnet and around the guy .
I hope it can be fixed , got a feeling this tv is on its way out .
Thanks

Attachments

• 77CB33F5-92CE-467D-88A4-971FF1E7CF15.png
    77CB33F5-92CE-467D-88A4-971FF1E7CF15.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 504F7D1D-921D-426B-97D8-17D9C669FC1F.png
    504F7D1D-921D-426B-97D8-17D9C669FC1F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • 86BFF6F6-D154-416D-9F80-EF18A0AE311B.png
    86BFF6F6-D154-416D-9F80-EF18A0AE311B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

cuke2u

The two recommended settings for motion are either off or custom set to zero, have you tried the latter?

markyh

Standard Member
The two recommended settings for motion are either off or custom set to zero, have you tried the latter?
Yes,
I have tried both .
It’s strange why it’s just happened recently, it’s just with faster moving images , for example , like a pixelation glow around a person/ object whilst the rest of the screen/picture is ok .

whatever the source of picture , set top box , stream or Xbox it does it , although I did put a game on ‘game mode’ yesterday and it got rid of it but made the games frame rate drop .

markyh

Standard Member

I’ve gone back into the motion setting to try again .
setting custom to zero .
its a little better to be honest but still doing it .
what’s happening to my tv to start making this only recently more noticeable.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom