Pixellating

forgot to say, this happens with all recording and downloaded programs in SD and HD

hi, we have an issue with our mini box that started recently and now happens all the time, as much as 10 times in one program. our mini box pixalaltes and freezes with loss of sound when we are watching any download, any recording or any paused program. it never happens on the main box only the mini. we have a spare mini and have tried switch them around. the mini is about 4 feet away from the router and the main box is 12 feet away, we have tried moving the router to the hall way where it has line of sight with both boxes, we also have changed the router to the newest sky one.

we have tried removing the power cable from main box to reset and same for mini box

we have done all the reset of connections via the settings and the engineer 001 options.

we have chnged all cables to known good

we have tried the 3 options in the 50ghz broadcast options from main box

we have switched tv (in case it was a problew between mini and tv)

we have hard wired main q box and mini via ethernet

we have hard wired and turned off main q box wifi so it is forced to used ethernet

we have forced a firmware updates

none of our tv apps have any problems at all and this happens at any time of day but only on the mini box. we have also disconnected everything else from the wifi when we are trying to solve this

any suggestions would be appriciated and if i have missed anything out i will try to update as i go . thanks for looking
@cheagavara , it looks like you have done more than most on this, but, as you will realise it is a problem that more than a few of us have. I appear to be lucky in that Ethernet connections seem to have sorted mine for the moment, but it’s not a situation I’m happy with, but, as long as it works I’ll live with it (not that I’ve got much option) next week I am going to run Ethernet cables from router to miniboxes (rather than via TPLink mains adaptors.
let’s hope for a solution soon.

hi, we have an issue with our mini box that started recently and now happens all the time, as much as 10 times in one program. our mini box pixalaltes and freezes with loss of sound when we are watching any download, any recording or any paused program. it never happens on the main box only the mini. we have a spare mini and have tried switch them around. the mini is about 4 feet away from the router and the main box is 12 feet away, we have tried moving the router to the hall way where it has line of sight with both boxes, we also have changed the router to the newest sky one.

we have tried removing the power cable from main box to reset and same for mini box

we have done all the reset of connections via the settings and the engineer 001 options.

we have chnged all cables to known good

we have tried the 3 options in the 50ghz broadcast options from main box

we have switched tv (in case it was a problew between mini and tv)

we have hard wired main q box and mini via ethernet

we have hard wired and turned off main q box wifi so it is forced to used ethernet

we have forced a firmware updates

none of our tv apps have any problems at all and this happens at any time of day but only on the mini box. we have also disconnected everything else from the wifi when we are trying to solve this

any suggestions would be appriciated and if i have missed anything out i will try to update as i go . thanks for looking

Make sure when connected via ethernet to go into the Minis engineer settings and then turn off the WiFi bands from here as even though you are using ethernet having these set to on will cause the issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom