1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelisation on Panasonic recordings

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dude1971, May 24, 2004.

1. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else had this intermittent problem? While playing back recordings off cable, the picture can break up and pixelate to the point where it becomes unwatchable. Happens on finalised and unfinalised -r disks.

Regards

Dude

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i get pixelation on my freeview box from time to time but no longer than a second or so. but the rest of the recordings are fine.

Or are you recordings getting pixelated and staying that way?

Gary

3. edz

edz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Morning,

take a look at this thread http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217159&highlight=

and also at the other link I mentioned in there. I wonder if this is a Panasonic assembly problem as my sick E50 did it all the time on DVD RAM disks including caddied and uncaddied. The E55 has done it once but the RAM disk in question had a half inch deep scratch on its surface which probably didnt help. So far, (checking via time slip on all important recordings to DVD RAM now), the severity of the problem I had with the E50 hasn't returned. Here's hoping it won't :rolleyes:

Cheers

Edz

4. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not using freeview, using digital cable. I've not seen it on RAM, only -r disks. They can be fine one minte and then they start to pixelate.

I think the Panasonic recorders, which I love the concept of, are not up to scratch. Last night it was making a noise like a small motorbike, think it was a fan, and it had only been on for 2 hours. And this is the e55, Richer Sounds have still not called me about the e60 that they are repairing. It's only been there a month!

Regards

Dude