• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pixelation and freezing problem

TV User

Standard Member
Hi

I have just purchased a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EX88 to connect to my TV (Panasonic TH-42PX80). Before buying the DVD recorder, the picture on the TV was excellent receiving all the BBC and ITV channels as well as Channel 5. The DVD recorder will not pick up any of the ITV channels even though the TV does and is plugged through the DVD recorder unless I unplug the RF out from the DVD recorder to the TV. It then will tune to them but when I plug the TV in again it says "no signal" or freezes until I unplug the RF cable again.
The TV tuner will also show no signal on the ITV channels until I turn off the DVD player.

It looks like they are interfering with each other - any advice on what to do would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Steve

J

Josefa

Hi Steve,

I'm afraid that I have no advice for you, but a similar lament about a Goodmans GHD162 Digital TV recorder, which has, after working perfectly for about 4 months, started freezing to the extent that I have to unplug and replug merely to change channels, and I cannot access any of my stored programmes at all. It is connected through a somewhat antiquated VCR. Any advice gratefully received!
:lease::lease:
Josefa

TV User

Standard Member
This has just got a bit stranger. I have replaced all the RF cables with double shielded high quality ones and now when I switch on the DVD player the RF signal to the TV cuts off completely. This even happens when they are both plugged separately into a splitter attached to the wall plate. However, if I unplug the HDMI cable from the DVD recorder, all the pictures come back.

Last edited:

alsina

Are you using a good quality, well-shielded HDMI cable as well? Also, you should avoid running HDMI cables alongside aerial cables.

TV User

Standard Member
Thanks for the advice. I am using a VISUAL INNOVATIONS HDMI 1.5M cable. It cost £40 and appears to be well shielded. Maybe however it is not.

alsina

Thanks for the advice. I am using a VISUAL INNOVATIONS HDMI 1.5M cable. It cost £40 and appears to be well shielded. Maybe however it is not.

Presumably bought from Richer Sounds? We have had a fair number of similar issues with these cables. Would suggest returning it for a refund if you still can. There are better cables out there that will solve your problem and cost a lot less.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom