Pixelating Samsung tv

David Child

Novice Member
Hi folks
I have a Samsung 43AU9000 4K TV which has an intermittent pixelation issue. Very occasionally a message will say that there's no aerial connected, of course there is. The sound also falters occasionally. I've had the aerial checked and there's plenty of signal. All Samsung have done is to do a factory reset, which works for a while then plays up again. The self diagnosis section says signal strength is 100% and signal quality 99%. BER is 0. Any suggestions as to how to sort this would be welcome.
Thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If you have any equipment connected to the TV by HDMI try temporarily disconnecting the cable at both ends, if the signal loss/pixelation stops happening use a different HDMI cable.

David Child

Novice Member
Thanks for your reply, however I would have thought that situation would only occur if using poor quality HDMI cables. I only use QED cables. Samsung have said there's no fault with the TV. Our other TV's are fine.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
The price of the cables has no bearing on whether they will cause those symptoms.
You need to try what I suggested to rule it out.

DaleBohman

Novice Member
20220624_064609.jpg

We are having an issue that sounds similar, it always shows on the menus and recently started showing up on whatever we are watching, it often dissapears from the program we are watching but always happens on the TVs menus and closed caption

David Child

Novice Member
Hi folks
I have a Samsung 43AU9000 4K TV which has an intermittent pixelation issue. Very occasionally a message will say that there's no aerial connected, of course there is. The sound also falters occasionally. I've had the aerial checked and there's plenty of signal. All Samsung have done is to do a factory reset, which works for a while then plays up again. The self diagnosis section says signal strength is 100% and signal quality 99%. BER is 0. Any suggestionIs as to how to sort this would be w
View attachment 1714645
We are having an issue that sounds similar, it always shows on the menus and recently started showing up on whatever we are watching, it often dissapears from the program we are watching but always happens on the TVs menus and closed caption
View attachment 1714645
I think I may have sorted this now. Today we have had the aerial cable changed from the aerial head to the TV. Time will tell.
What
elcome.
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom