1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixel+?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by btuckey, Jul 9, 2002.

1. btuckey

btuckey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to re-post, but got no answers last time and desperately need to sort this issue out as existing set dying.

Is anybody happy using a Pixel+ set on Sky digital? Need to buy new set soon and was going to purchase a 32pw9527 but have seen many negative posts recently.

Many thanks.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a 32PW9617 and I'm very happy with Sky attached. The quality on the Movie channels must be seen to be believed. Other Channels are pretty good most of the time, poorer feeds have a tendency to be massacred by the processing. But if it gets too intrusive, 100Hz or Double Lines always fixes it.

3. Mr T

Mr T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my hands on a 32PW9617 just last night and I have Sky Digital and I was blown away with the picture quality. As rct said in the previous post, the quality on the movie channels if incredible. Other channels are iffy expecially sky sports news for some reason and the BBC channels. I have an issue with the geometry which is really strange. For example, on Sky sports news last night, the text that scrolls along the bottom appeared to move up and down as if in a goldfish bowel as it scrolled across the screen from right to left. I'm going to try and tweat that this evening. Also, I've problems with the sound settings but I'm sure they're resolvable, hopefully. I'd highly recommend the set for the picture quality alone.

4. Serpico

Serpico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have the 36incher and turn pixel plus off to watch certain channels on Sky. Star Trek the next generation is horrid watched through my set, but I blame poor quality source material rather than P+, though the 36 incher does highlight any weaknesses.

I've lived with the set for a week now and have finally stopped looking for picture issues and started watching the programmes and I'm generally very happy. Feature films from dvd are jaw droppingly good looking.

5. Mr T

Mr T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to take back what I said about the geometry of the set. I managed to get my sound problem sorted last night and sat down to properly watch and enjoy the set. I was totally blown away by the picture and this time also the sound. I flicked channels looking for problems with geometry etc but was pleasantly surprised by lack off. I think I was tired and had probably drank too much when I the text on Sky sports news appeared to bubble its way across the screen. I'm now in love with this set and would completley recommend it to anyone. I'm off now to get a digital audio cable so I can enjoy Dolby 5.1 on DVD.

6. btuckey

btuckey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mr T. - Glad to hear that the problems were with the falling down liquid and not the set! ;) How 'iffy' are you still finding the BBC channels? I ask because I only watch around three DVDs a year but usually watch the BBC plus Discovery Wings and UK Gold etc. It would be criminal to buy the Philips and then have the Pixel+ turned off most of the time.

7. Mr T

Mr T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    btuckey I'm in the boat as I watch Sky Digital most of the time and only rent DVD's occasionally although that may change given how good the TV is on DVD's. BBC one and two are the worst of the BBC channels but still very watchable. I've read several post from owners who say they turn off P+ while watching Sky. I can't understand that as the picture with P+ on is superior to all other settings regardless of the source. Has to be seen to be believed. My advice is if you can afford it, just to go out and buy this set.