1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixel+ TV's... any difference between them?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Patriarch, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are quite a few P+ TV's out there now yes? what are there differences (i.e is the P+ technology more refined in the newer?) and which p+ TV is the cheapest...?

Thanks

2. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know the p+ technology is the same throughout the range.I would advise you to actually take a view of a p+ set before making a decision though,I have a 32pw9527 and never actually use p+.In my opinion(and many others on this forum)p+ is an overated and under developed technology.Take a look at the Toshiba **zd26 series and Sony **fx66 or **fq80's as serious alternatives.Hope that gives you some food for thought! :rolleyes:

3. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah.. looked at the fx66 looks great... but now I can get the 8807 from philips for the same price, so im not sure

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    ive just got the jvc 32d25 with dist technology and the dvd playback is very very good almost cinema like with progressive scan. But one thing about all these High resolution tvs is that when you have an analogue signal that is not good then your picture will show up terrible due to the full resolution being applied on it.!! At least the jvc doesnt have the shimmering and dark bars problem of the pixel plus models

5. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, nice... so other TV's than Philips have similar technologies.. i diden't know... so which TV with this technology (regardless of brand) is the cheapest?

6. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Patriarch,I don't know of a p+ t.v with 8807 in the catalogue number,be careful that what you're thinking of buying is correct!I have to say that Sony's DRC technology seems to be the most natural looking on the market,if you went for the KV32FX66 it has this feature.

7. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +835
    Agree that DRC is the most natural looking, but i dont think its on the FX66, but currently starts at the more expenisve FQ80

8. silent lucidity

silent lucidity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Deansimm just checked the Sony site,you are indeed correct.

9. Patriarch

Patriarch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    silent lucidity no dont worry... but thanks.. I know 8807 dosent have that feature. Just asking around :)

And no, I dont beleive the fx66 has that either.. if it had I would surely go for that one, since the DNM is whats apealing about the 8807 over fx66... just still dont know which I want

10. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +601
    I had a Philips 32PW9527 Pixel Plus set, the pixel plus was a waste of time (Too many artefacts), I used 100hz all the time. I also had 3 vertical black bars and bad dirty screen effect which Philips could do nothing about, this led to me getting a refund and purchasing a Loewe Aventos which massively betters the Philips in everway, and it cost less.

mij